Truck Damage from Accident or Incident First Steps
- Secure the scene.
- Call your insurance provider. Make sure you write down the claim number. An adjuster may not be assigned until the next business day. Notify your partner carrier.
- Work with your partner carrier to get their trailer repowered if necessary, or get their permission to have their trailer towed.
- If the trailer needs to be towed with the truck, contact your partner carrier to determine what they want to happen with the trailer and who is going to pay the expense.
- Notify TEL advising department within 48 hours of the incident. Business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. Our phone number is: 866-365-3740
Minor Damage Drivable
- Take the truck to an OEM repair facility and have them get you an estimate for repairs.
- If the estimate is over $1,000.00, call your adjuster.
- If the estimate is under $1,000.00, call TEL breakdown (866-219-4773) and they can assist in paying from your escrow account.
Minor Damage Requiring Tow
- Breakdown (866-219-4773) can only arrange a tow to the nearest exit after your partner carrier has picked up the trailer.
- You will need to tell Breakdown (866-219-4773) if you are in a safe location or need a tow off the highway.
- Work with your adjuster to get you to a shop and assess the damage.
- Typically, the police will arrange for the tow and the truck will usually be taken to the tow service lot until the adjuster can assess the damage.
- Call your adjuster. Your adjuster will determine what repairs are needed, the cost, and the facility to complete the repair. The adjuster may opt to move the truck to another facility that gives them better pricing.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL ACCIDENTS
- TEL Advising Department (866-365-3740) will need proof-of-repair pictures and will approve the payment from the escrow account once satisfied that repairs are complete.
- If your escrow account does not have adequate funds to cover the deductible, then Breakdown will notify the TEL advising department for instructions on payment.
- Breakdown (866-219-4773) will not be able to assist you with temporary repairs or the payment of temporary repairs.